Beat the heat in your weekend with Vacaso Voyages!
Why Should You Take This Trek?
If you are anywhere near McleodGanj, then the Triund trek is a must do on the list. Skipping this would be like eating popcorn without butter. The trek starts from the vibrant Tibetian town of McleodGanj, makes its way through beautiful oak and rhododendron forests and finally opens up to the large open expanse of the Triund Hilltop. If the views of the entire Kangra valley are not enough to satiate you, just pitch a tent and wait till the sun drops. It will take your jaw with it. Believe us!
Dates: Every Friday Duration: 2N/3D
Difficulty: Moderate Highest Altitude: 9350 feet Temperature: 15 – 4 °C
● Arrive in McleodGanj at around 9.30 am and check into the hotel. You can grab some yummy breakfast at the cafe, take a couple of selfies in the cute library or just chill out in our common areas.
● After you have settled into your rooms and are properly fed, head down to the city with our friendly community manager to check out the local sightseeing spots.
● Visit the glorious Bhagsu waterfalls and heck in with your spiritual centre at the Dalai Lama Monastery and Gallu Devi Temple.
● Once back, our trip coordinator will ensure you can relax in front of a roaring bonfire. We must insist you eat as many s’mores as possible now!
● A delicious vegetarian dinner will be served now.
● You have had a long journey today. You deserve that rest. #bedtime
● Wake up and chomp down some breakfast at 9 am.
● Your trek leader will join you now and explain to you the route shortly.
● Pack your rucksacks and get ready to make the climb.
● You will start the trek by crossing the McleodGanj ridge and reaching Dharamkot.
● From here, you shall be surrounded by big pine forests till you reach the Galu Devi temple
● After crossing the shrine, the climb becomes a bit steeper and you start seeing expanses of oak forests and rhododendron bushes.
● After about 5 – 6 hours of trekking, you shall finally reach Triund Hilltop.
● There are many places for refreshment here. You can chill and grab a cup of coffee or tea as you
admire the views.
● Your trek leader will help you into your camps and get a fire going.
● Huddle around the bonfire to share your most passionate travel plans and travel fails.
● A yummy vegetarian dinner will be served around 8 – 9 pm.
● Spend some time stargazing from a height of 9000 feet. Glorious!
● Time to go to bed – goodnight!
● Wake up to the fantastic views from the hilltop. Breathtaking sights of the Kangra valley and mountains.
● Pack up your things and head to breakfast.
● The descent down to McleodGanj starts now.
● Reach the town of McleodGanj in the late afternoon or early evening.
● Time for an epic group photograph (which we will make sure gets to all of you).
● The trip ends here. Time for teary farewells!
Things to carry –
1. Valid ID Proofs, NDA & Trek Invoice (received from our end earlier)
2. Sufficient cash as it is difficult to find ATMs in the mountains
3. Waterproof trekking shoes & jacket
4. Warm clothes
5. Camera & other trekking accessories like Torch, Lighter & Trekking stick
Please note – All treks/departures would be conducted as per schedule. However, due to unavoidable climatic conditions, there might be alterations in the scheduled departures. The same would be informed prior.
A trip packed with capital cities and complete adventure through Europe’s hot spots. Your journey will take you from Rome to London in a whirl of wonder comprising of cheese farms, old cathedrals, picturesque canals and enough quintessential European experiences to make your diary burst.
The Kheerganga trek is a perfect getaway for beginners looking for an adventurous trek in the lower Himalayas, is widely popular for its dense pine forests, natural hot water springs (Manikaran & Kheerganga), waterfalls (Rudranag), short hikes, serene villages (Kalga, Pulga, Tulga) and the valley’s natural beauty. The crisp mountain air coupled with delicious Himachali & Israeli food with the smell of burning herbs coursing through the otherwise unpolluted air makes Kasol the so-called “Amsterdam of India”. One should also take a short hike to Malana from Kasol to experience the centuries-old local Malana culture.
The KTK circuit, a perfect getaway for beginners looking for an adventurous trek in the lower Himalayas, is widely popular for its dense pine forests, natural hot water springs (Manikaran & Kheerganga), waterfalls (Rudranag), short hikes, serene villages (Kalga, Pulga, Tulga) and the valley’s natural beauty. The crisp mountain air coupled with delicious Himachali & Israeli food with the smell of burning herbs coursing through the otherwise unpolluted air makes Kasol the so-called “Amsterdam of India”. One should also take a short hike to Malana from Kasol to experience the centuries-old local Malana culture.
33B Mansarovar, Sector 61, Noida, U.P
Mon – Sun: 09:00 to 17:00
INR 500 Off on INR 5000 Use Code: KLOOKIYA Redeem by:2019-04-30 Use by:2019-06-30 Dismiss